Thursday, June 03, 2004

Salsa lessons

and a return to ultimate frisbee marked my day yesterday. Both went well and I was surprised to see so many people at the Salsa class. Same with frisbee, a solid 6 on 6. And the ankle feels fine, for those that want to know. I also made my first trip to the local Starbucks and I think I will be spending a good amount of time there. A lot of interesting people showed up and as the night wore on I found myself concentrating on finding the similarities between two brightly colored paintings on the wall, listening to some jazzy remakes of some popular hits and listening to a few different languages. All in all a pretty comfortable atmosphere. They even have some study type desks that they keep toward the back. The one thing they are lacking is comfortable furniture, as they only have 2 large purple chairs for reading. Guess I'll just have to go at the right times.

Today calls for working, then running 3m with Morgan. Have a list of things to work on, but would like to get into the gym sometime tonight. But I'm not sure of the hours. We'll see. The lifting is something I would like to do better at while training for the upcoming half-marathon. It's something I all but dropped when training for the last one. Mainly because I was not wishing to pick up any weight for such a long run, but now that I know I can do it I should be fine. Well, have to get going. As for the weekend I have a chance of heading to the beach, should I?

Oh, and in case you have a cell phone...

No comments: