Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Juiceless

Excerpt from an e-mail I sent, thought it summed up the last few days pretty well.

These past few days I've been finding it tough to get back into things. Every now and again my body likes to slow down a bit and my mind goes into thinking mode. Strangely enough this is the perfect week for it because (1) I am a little sick and (2) It is a scheduled week off of training for me. I don't really control when this slow down happens, but have learned to relax, take it in stride with life and even enjoy it. I think it is just another way for God to show me that I am not really in control. I find at these times I am most creative, find myself listening to all types of new music (lately hymns with modern music, Jazz and Classical) and even dive into reading and poetry as I think and reflect. You'll notice that this effects pretty much everything about me, from the way I spend my time to the tone of my e-mails. I become a little more quiet to the outside world, while my thoughts are in constant flow. I tend to write more about thought, feeling and either in vague terms or in terms that are much more reflective of my thoughts and the world at large.

Relaxin' ~Rex

No comments: