Thursday, August 26, 2004

Running challenges

Here are the results from my last few races. I know I am not the fastest guy out there, but I don't think I'm doing too bad for someone who 1. is not a natural runner and 2. who just started running about 7 months ago. As long as I place in the top half of the field I'll be content, for now.

Lewis Gale Foundation 10k:
08.14.04
Placed: 52 of 121

Fab 5k:
08.21.04
Placed: 102 of 195

Looking for something to spice up my workout routine. After the half-marathon there is nothing big planned until next April (full marathon) so I'll have to find a way to fill the time. Right now it is looking like some cross country or perhaps playing with the Ultimate Frisbee Club team a couple days (Tues & Thurs) a week.

The focus for the next few weeks will be on the VA Beach Half-Marathon and finishing in under 2 hours total time. Should be quite the challenge. Have also been looking at other short races this fall including:

Sat. Sept. 18, 2004: Lynchburg, VA
Virginia 10-Miler & 4miler

Sat. Oct. 9, 2004: Greensboro, NC
Canonball 5k

Sat. Oct 9, 2004: Blacksburg, VA
Light the Fire 5k

Sat. Oct 23, 2004: Blacksburg, VA
Michael Benjamin Perry 5k


Maybe try some Cross Country (XC)?
3rd Annual Fall XC Running Series is every Monday (6:00 PM) starting September 6th. Held at VT XC course. Munchkin, Farm and Lightning Leagues. 12 and under is free, $2.00 for everyone else. Munchkins run .5 to 1.5 miles, Farm is 2-3 mile distances and Lightning is 2-5 miles. Each week is a different distance and route.

Maybe Wednesdays I'll try this?
Wednesday night runs every Wednesday at 6:00 PM at Runabout Sports! 30-50 people show up to run or walk. Runs are all year in all weather conditions.

No comments: