Friday, August 20, 2004

It's Friday!!!

Shouldn't every Friday's blog have a title like that? First off last night's date went well (I thought :) Headed over to Zappoli's to have dinner and things were fairly quiet and uneventful in the restaurant until around 7pm when all the students and their families started rolling in. I had Salmon Florentine and it was really good. Finished a lot more of it than I thought I would and what made it so good was that this particular restaurant makes all of their own pasta. Finished off with some small canollis, which I was not too impressed with, then headed over to the show. "My Fair Lady" was the show playing in Haymarket and we arrived to a pretty packed house. The show was impressive for a small town production and I really enjoyed it. It's been a while since I have been able to see live theatre, so it was a treat. The cast was good and the only major bugs were the fact that the sound crew was having a few issues with the mics. After the show I had a craving for ice cream and seeing that the Dairy Queen & TCBY were both closed I went with 'old faithful' pronounced the Wendy's frosty. Drove around, talked a bit on life and I returned they young woman to her doorstep. All in all a good time and I'm thinking maybe it'll happen again sometime?

As for this weekend, it's still taking shape. Would love to get my cousins out or go see them, but have been unable to get a hold of them all week. I'll try again today. Other than that I have a 5k in Salem on Saturday morning. Just landed a 6-7m run with Fulton after that and will likely spend my evening at the college welcome back cookout @ the Batton's place, perhaps followed by some swing dancing? Sunday is church service followed by prepping for the welcome back cookout I am holding for the undergrads in the fraternity, that'll be at 6pm. Really looking forward to that :) So there it is my weekend in a nutshell. Let's hope the weather agrees!

Tonight I was thinking I'd head over to VT to see if anyone is playing ultimate, if not I am going to continue on my way through "East of Eden" before calling it quits early to head to bed before waking up early Saturday. For how I am doing, I'd have to say pretty good. There is a certain excitement that overtakes town when the students return and that's true of myself as well. Good to see so many returning faces and those that come to Blacksburg for the first time with all of their excitement. It lasts a few weeks, until classes really get going, and is by far one of the most interesting times during the year. Come to think of it maybe tonight I will go around and see if I can help folks move in? Who knows? First I need to get through what I know will be a full day of work. Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: