This weekend I will be in the burg, the next 2 I will not. My plans this weekend include planning next weekends trip to D.C. as well as spending some time defining a photography project. Other plans include watching 'The Gods Must Be Crazy' and playing some beach volleyball on Saturday.
Last night was another night in the Ultimate Summer League and our team played the undefeated team. aka Jilian's team. Well after playing from 6:30pm - 9:10pm and a game to 17 points, we came out with a win (17-16) it was a hard fought game and the undefeated team plays a really good looking, really patient game. Head to head I don't think anyone else has the athletes to beat them for the entire season and a large part of our win had to do with the fact that we had plenty of subs. As far as my own play, I was pleased. My throws were not the best, but my runs were good and I worked pretty hard on wearing some of the other players out.
The game ended on a call I made after I saw one of the other players drop a disc, thus creating a turnover in front of our end zone. Tempers were heated and the players were exhausted, excuses were made and the game was over. Not the best way to get a W, but I still think it was a correct call regardless of what point of the game it was in. And I don't think I'd be so confident if I was not (1) right in front of the catch with a perfect angle and (2) had over 6 years of baseball officiating and call making under my belt.
Thanks to the game I am a little sore, but nothing major. The ankles are holding up and I'm slotted for a 6 mile run tomorrow. I think I'm gonna try and do it in the morning and push myself a bit. Well, have to get going. Have a GREAT weekend!!!
Friday, July 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment