Wednesday, September 24, 2003

This evening

Plans are to return home at a decent hour, continue catching up on things I fell behind in when I became ill last week and to plan for student ministry. When I finally catch up with paperwork, bills, and a few other things I've decided to simplify life a bit more. Should prove to be an interesting experiment. How?

1. I'd like to read more.
2. Write more.
3. Spend more time with people.
4. Get rid of some of my stuff that I don't or won't use.

I've been convicted a lot recently of what I have, a lot. And of so many that have so little. Between a book I have been flipping through on world geography, it's people and poverty levels (just one of the many statistics shown) some of my latest reading in the Bible and a few chapters from a book by John Piper I have been contemplating riches, which I believe to be a prolonged test for almost all Christians in America.

No comments: