It's Saturday right before I head off for a drive. Where I end up, I'm not sure. I have spent my day inside, since I am sick. I have not wanted to wonder too far from my box of Kleenex, but figure it is portable, so why not take it on tour. But in all honesty today is my free day of the month. A day I spend alone, with me, my thoughts, a Bible, a journal and some books. I have spent the day reading, writing, wishing I could sing through this cold, praying and thinking. My thoughts have wondered far and wide, everything from ballbearing poetry (see Breeze Blog) to what it truly means to worship. Of course songs are generally the first things that come to mind. And here is one I found that reflects my heart this morning. Amazing that a 19 guy wrote it and created a band out of himself and some computer technology. This last thought group (worship) is one of the reasons I am headed out. To check out all of the beauty around me, it has been an incredible day and will be a very nice evening as well.
Hoping to think about a couple things. These things being Love, what it is, how we show it, why it is so important. Basically meditating on the concept and its resulting actions. The other topic, simplicity. I am still often prodded by my conscience that I live a far too complex life. Material wise, schedule wise and just about everything else wise. Well, had better get going. The fresh air and another box of tissues awaits...
Saturday, September 20, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment