Thursday, March 11, 2004

Continuous

Looks like from here till Sunday there will be things to be done. Right now I am in the middle of a painting project on a room in the church building, which should finish up tonight. Have to prime, eat pizza, then paint the room a shade of blue. Then I go home and pack for my trip to North Carolina this weekend. Plan on running in my first 5k this weekend in Mocksville, NC. It's a Shamrock 5k and will be taking place @ 8:15a.m. on Saturday morning. But since I leave from work to head down there I need to pack tonight. I will need to finish up my lesson on Galatians Chapter 3 (a lot of stuff in there) by Sunday's student ministry meeting @ 3:45 p.m. I will leave NC Sunday morning and will head to the Sunday morning church service. So as you can see it's going to be a busy time.

beware, a rant...
On to time and student ministry work. Currently I have been doing a lot of thinking about this. In one arena there is high expectation for me to attend every Sunday morning service. Since I am in a position of responsibility, it is an expectation. Now I'm not saying I don't like going but when weekends like this happen, I'd rather stay in North Carolina, go to service there, then head back. Then there are things like this summer's many trips to the beach. It's just not likely I will be back on Sunday mornings. Maybe this is why so many 20 - 30 year olds don't go to church services? Maybe not? There is also the issue that I do not feel I am receiving guidance from those in other (or as has been made in church structure, higher) positions. I will need to address this issue over the next couple weeks, because without this type of support I do not think the student ministry can flourish. I have asked questions, sent e-mails, made calls and have not received a whole lot of feedback. I could write a lot more, but I will save it for my journal entries.

All in all though things are pretty good. Running is going well and I've been able to connect with a few people in the church on a deeper level this week. I only hope that I can deal with everything that comes my way in the correct manner.

No comments: